Wednesday, March 04, 2015

House Items

A few little items to share from around the house. I bought some tulips at Fresh Market yesterday and they really are pretty. I put them into some mason jars and have them in our dining room. I'm attempting to will Spring to arrive sooner rather than later. The mason jars are actually from my great grandfather's home and we discovered them in my dad's attic over the Christmas break. So, I'm putting them to good use. 




Around Valentine's Day I was shopping and found The Gurgle Pot. I've wanted to purchase it but thought it was a bit expensive. 

The shop where I found it was going out of business and it was on sale for 50% off. I was thrilled and scooped it right up. We all get a kick out of hearing it gurgle when you pour.





And finally, we had three canvases hanging on the wall in our kitchen. They were a chef theme and a year or so ago I decided I was over the chef look. So, I took them down and hung on to the canvases. 

Photobucket
In the left of this photo you can see the former chef canvases

After much deliberation I painted the horizontal canvas black. It took me two coats of paint and after allowing it to dry, I went back and added the saying. I was inspired by this sign but I put my own twist on it. I'm pretty pleased with the final product.

MichaelMullan_02
Inspiration piece


My version of the above sign



No comments:

Post a Comment