Thursday, January 29, 2015

On My Mind

Lily finished her first semester of classes in high school two weeks ago (she's on a block schedule so she takes 4 different classes each semester). She did so well and I was super proud of her. She also finished taking PE for the remainder of her school career. I'm jealous. My PE days didn't end until June of my sophomore year. 

We are doing a little redecorating in our den. We got a new carpet a month ago and it really lightens up the room. I also ditched a fake tree I've had in this room for about ten years! So that left me with a window that needed a new solution and a large blank wall. So, I bought curtains for the window and a huge (6.5' x 4.7') map from Ikea for the wall. I'm super happy with the changes. 

So far this winter we have had NO snow days and that makes me extremely happy. Let's just hope I haven't jinxed myself with that statement. 

John and I saw American Sniper and I was really impressed with the story. So grateful to the men and women who protect our freedom. I know it's a controversial subject but I admire the bravery of these military men. 

I was just realizing that this is my last year in my 40s! Next year I'll turn 50!!! Whoa. Better make the most of my 40s. 

I have a friend who is tackling cancer right now. She was diagnosed in December and she is such an inspiring and strong woman. Extra prayers and positive vibes for her are appreciated. 

Since the 12th of January I have been cleaning out the various nooks and crannies in our house and trying to simplify what we have in our home. I've purged a bunch of items to the trash and taken about 5 bags to the Goodwill. It feels good to get rid of the floral arrangement that I've had for over 10 years. I hung on to that thing because we paid over $100 for it when I bought it and I just couldn't see giving it away. But I'm happy to say...I did! And, I'm not done yet. I still have many more rooms to go. 

I just bought myself some new pots and pans with a Target gift card I had. I'm loving them. They are the Calphalon Essentials and I'm so glad I don't have to worry about any chipping on them. An added bonus---they were originally $199 (currently $149) and were on sale for $99 plus I used my Cartwheel app for an additional 10% off. Yay for a great deal. 

Next year Shelly will be in middle school!!! Wow, when did this happen? She'll ride the middle/high school bus with Lily. That's a hard one to wrap my brain around. And in just a couple of months she will take a tour of the middle school and sign up for classes. 

I've never put curtains up in the windows in our bedroom. The main reason was because we have a bay window that makes it tricky to find the right curtain rods. Well, good ol' Pinterest came to the rescue. I found a cool little connector rod from Ikea that fits in the corners and connects your curtain rods. Now I just need to figure out what curtains will look the best in these windows. 




No comments:

Post a Comment