Friday, September 19, 2014

Sock Curls

The sock curl technique has been around for a long time in our family. My mom did this to my hair when I was a little girl.


Age 4 with sock in my hair

As soon as my girls were willing recipients, I started rolling their hair in socks. It's quick and easy to do and they can sleep with the socks in their hair with little discomfort. A friend of mine asked how we used the socks to curl the hair. So, we made a little video to show the process. Thought I'd share it here:





Here are a couple of photos of the girls from several years ago with their hair in socks and the curls after the socks are removed.


Lily (age 12) wearing the socks in a looser style

Shelly (age 8) sporting the tighter curls by using less hair for each curl




Recent curls on Shelly's hair 

No comments:

Post a Comment