Sunday, September 07, 2014

Adjustments

Ok, not being creative, clever, or as crafty these days. Just spending most of our time adjusting to a new schedule and a new work load for Lily. She is taking several honors courses and it has really been tough getting it all done with late nights at volleyball. Think we may be improving with all of it, but that means several hours spent working on assignments on the weekends. Lily was also selected as the freshman class president and is starting to have weekly meetings for that position. This is all new to us, so we are working on making it better for everyone.

Shelly is really shining in 5th grade. She has transitioned well into her classes and is loving the new status of Top Dog. She began her cheerleading games this weekend and will start chorus at school next Monday. So, all is going well for her and she has been a real trooper at the late evening volleyball games for her sister.

The month of September has always been a tricky one for me. I love a schedule and a fresh start, but I don't love the uncertainty that comes with all of that. I am a lover of the logistics. I like to know how things are going to run and how to navigate it all. The not knowing part makes me stressed and uneasy. I'm working on that aspect of me and my life. 

One way I am improving in that area is listening to Joel Osteen's podcasts. They just make me feel better and I really enjoy how he presents his message. Thought I'd share that if anyone else might need a little lift this time of year.

On a different note, Lily and I went with her friend and her mom to see The Giver last night. Both girls had read the book and wanted to see the movie. I really enjoyed it. Unlike some of the other movies that are in this genre, The Giver wasn't overly violent. It had a great message and a unique ending.




No comments:

Post a Comment